Do you feel excited to build microservices and work with serverless, GraphQL and bleeding edge technology? Do you think it’s fun to be constantly challenged and have the freedom to experiment and be creative? If so, then Blanco is the right fit for you. We’re a scale-up that develops innovative solutions for Wealth & Asset Managers and we’re looking for the next rock-star to join our team.
What would you do?
Of course we need you to fully master Node.js, because that is what we use to write our Lambda functions. We use the full AWS Serverless stack (and even more) so we hope you will be comfortable using the API Gateway and configure the endpoints. Our workflow-heavy platform is supported by SQS and Step Functions to organise and orchestrate events. A solution architect certificate is not required, but if you used S3, Route53 and/or CloudFront that would definitely help you get on top of the list.
Since we work with personal and financial data we need top-notch security so why not use API keys and Authorizers while we are at it. To manage our users we use AWS’s Cognito User Pools and Identity Pools to secure the API with temporary IAM credentials and permissions.
If you master this trick you probably also master NoSQL and DynamoDB does not have many secrets for you. Or maybe you can convince us to use Aurora for specific use cases? The team would love to hear of and learn from your experience in frameworks, we hope you also might convince us to use solutions you used in the past as well.
As our project grows, deployment becomes more important. You do not want to deploy all Lambda functions manually and define the endpoints one-by-one. that is why we want you to get introduced to the Serverless Framework. A set of tools to make deployments easier. So yeah, we want you to have some experience and knowledge on automatic integration and continuous deployment as well because that is just good development practice. We did say we need a Guru…
Who you are
- A problem solver who gets a motivation boost when facing new challenges.
- You have prior experience working with AWS.
- You live by best practices and good software design principles.
- Proven NodeJS experience and skills,
- Experience with AWS Serverless stack involving at least the following components: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Cognito
- Very comfortable with both NoSQL and Relational databases.
- You speak OO and Functional languages.
- You like to automate everything.
- You are familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- AWS certification is a plus.
- Experience with Step Functions is a plus.
Our Technology stack
- AWS: Lambda, ECS, SQS, SNS, Cognito, DynamoDB, Aurora Serverless, S3, API Gateway…
- REST, GraphQL.
- Git, GitFlow, BitBucket, BitBucket Pipelines.
All team members get
- Your own Blanco MacBook (or another OS if you prefer)
- Freedom and flexibility
- A great team to work in, with nice team events every now and then
- Opportunity to grow, learn and shine
- The option to work from home or from the office
For colleagues located in the Netherlands
- A lease bike (if you want one)
- A contribution for your sports’ subscription
- Travel costs relating work fully reimbursed (also travel from and to home)
- A pension contribution
- You’ll get to work in one of our inspiring offices in Amsterdam (Spaces Zuidas) or Rotterdam (Spaces Hofplein) with lots of cool places to focus and relax!
For colleagues located in Ukraine
- A competitive salary
- You’ll get to work in our spacious office in the center of Cherkasy
Work @ Blanco
At Blanco you will work in a motivating scale-up environment with an open and transparent culture. Your future to-be colleagues are highly passionate and experienced professionals who want to exceed expectations every single time. We have a very international team (11 nationalities and counting) and the main language we use is English.
We offer you the opportunity to co-build an innovative FinTech company. You are enabled to work autonomously in a flexible environment in whatever way makes you most effective. Results matter, we’re not just about face time, producing lines of code or executing tasks. Blanco offers you opportunities for personal development and growth; a steep learning curve, a fair share of responsibility and a lot of freedom for you to shine. Our core values are Determined, Nimble and Inclusive.
At Blanco, we celebrate diversity and are promoting an inclusive environment in which our team members from all different backgrounds, ages, genders and sexual orientations feel equally and highly appreciated. In order to achieve this, we are committed to shaping a hiring process that provides everyone with an equal opportunity to get hired.
Our Interview Process
We are interested in getting to know you! After your initial application you will have the opportunity to speak with some of your future team members.
Do you want to be part of a team of experienced self-starters with a high intrinsic motivation and drive? Please apply via: https://app.equalture.com/en/v…