Do you want to feel the rush of a scale-up instead of a vast corporate? Do you want to deep dive in fintech? Do you want to make a difference and have real impact on the growth of a company? Do you think it’s fun to be constantly challenged? If so, then Blanco is the right fit for you. We’re a scale-up that develops innovative solutions for Wealth Managers and we’re looking for a product owner to take ownership of our business-facing KYC-product. It is your role to manage the backlog and make sure that our developers enjoy their work and are doing the right things!
Our KYC suite offers a fully automated workflow to help Wealth Managers comply with anti-money-laundering and duty-of-care guidelines and legislation. This entails a.o. mobile based identification, automated checks on sanction & PEP lists and adverse media (incl. continuous monitoring), flexible surveys, automated creation of custom documents and contracts (e.g. investment proposals, tripartite agreements) and digital signing.
What would you do?
As a product owner you are the liaison between the product manager and the product development team. As such you will:
- Collaborate with the product manager to translate business opportunities and customer challenges into clear product requirements
- To this end you orchestrate product discovery work to evaluate opportunities and build a shared understanding on a valuable, usable and feasible solution
- For opportunities withheld for development you hold story workshops to translate product requirements into detailed user stories that can be estimated by the product development team
- Document the story details and create mockups, while closely collaborating with designers on UX/UI
- Manage the backlog, making sure that work is prioritized according to the strategy defined by product management
- Ensure the product development team can reach their goals; you are the go to person to answer questions and clarify requirements when necessary and communicate with the developers on a daily basis
- Take an active role in ceremonies such as planning or backlog grooming and lead the team to become more self-organizing
- Write acceptance criteria and perform acceptance tests to ensure a qualitative product is released
- Demonstrate new product features to stakeholders
Who you are
- Analytical brain, eager to solve a complex challenge;
- Enough technical knowledge to be able to work together with the development team and explain their concerns to product management
- Enough business acumen to talk to product management and explain their priorities to the development team
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomous
- Pragmatic attitude combined with good attention to detail
- Knowledge of agile product development methodologies such as Scrum, Spotify model, SAFe, Less
- Experience with the development of customer-facing software
- Proficiency in English; Knowledge of Dutch, French, and/or German is a nice to have
- Insight in UX and product design (nice to have)
- Experience working with remote teams (nice to have)
- Experience with delivering software for financial institutions or business (nice to have)
- 2 year plus experience working as a product owner or a similar role;
What we offer
All team members get:
- Your own Blanco MacBook (or another OS if you prefer)
- Freedom and flexibility; including the option to work from home or from the office
- A great team to work in, with nice team events every now and then Opportunity to grow, learn and shine
For colleagues located in the Netherlands
- A lease bike (if you want one)
- A contribution for your sports’ subscription
- Travel costs relating work fully reimbursed (also travel from and to home)
- A pension contribution
- You’ll get to work in one of our inspiring offices in Amsterdam (Spaces Zuidas) or Rotterdam (Spaces Hofplein) with lots of cool places to focus and relax!
Work @ Blanco
At Blanco you will work in a motivating scale-up environment with an open and transparent culture. Your future to-be colleagues are highly passionate and experienced professionals who want to exceed expectations every single time. We have a very international team (11 nationalities and counting) and the main language we use is English.
We offer you the opportunity to co-build an innovative FinTech company. You are enabled to work autonomously in a flexible environment in whatever way makes you most effective. Results matter, we’re not just about face time, producing lines of code or executing tasks. Blanco offers you opportunities for personal development and growth; a steep learning curve, a fair share of responsibility and a lot of freedom for you to shine. Our core values are Determined, Nimble and Inclusive.
At Blanco, we celebrate diversity and are promoting an inclusive environment in which our team members from all different backgrounds, ages, genders and sexual orientations feel equally and highly appreciated. In order to achieve this, we are committed to shaping a hiring process that provides everyone with an equal opportunity to get hired.
Our Interview Process
We are interested in getting to know you! After your initial application you will have the opportunity to speak with some of your future team members.
Do you want to be part of a team of experienced self-starters with a high intrinsic motivation and drive? Please apply via: https://app.equalture.com/en/vacancies/product-owner-kyc-blanco-f391f3/apply